Monday 23 December 2013

The Festive Season (Book Two Spoilers)

Well, it's the festive season, two days ago many pagans will have celebrated Yule. Today is the last day of Saturnalia which Romans would have celebrated. Then there's all of the more commonly celebrated winter festivals including Christmas. Being a vampire I know people from all walks of life, all periods of time and all celebrating a wide range of things - but there's no denying it's a time for family and... presents.

About presents - what do you buy a century old vampire? Having married two husbands who lived in Georgian England, Christmas is the celebration of choice and modern day Christmas involves at least token gifts. It's not easy to decide what to get such men though.  Two days before Christmas and I still haven't gotten Tul anything. Craig suggested a hook (that will be explained in Allegiance) but that would be inconsiderate. I could get him a new sword... but that isn't exactly Christmassy. Or a selection box, I couldn't believe it when I discovered there's a company selling blood selection boxes - I kid you not - you can choose how many bags of o neg, b pos, etc, etc you want included. It's still bagged blood though, which is gross. Weaponry and emergency supplies, that's what I've been left with as options.  We are not normal people.

Anyway, I might not get back online before Christmas, so I'd like to wish you all a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year and I'll see you in 2014!

Now I'll try to resolve this present crisis...

Eve.
xxx


5 comments:

  1. I wonder if Craig realises he'd dead?

    Love, there's a whole list of dvds that need replaced, why not just get me Avengers Assemble, or V for Vendetta or something? And I can't believe you've left it until two days before Christmas to sort this. I've had your presents sorted for months.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Children, is this really blog worthy? This is the Alliance blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grand-sire, it's Christmas, where's your festive spirit? I already have your present. I got you sense of humour.

      Delete
    2. I'm sure you and your husbands will wear it out as effectively as you wore out my first sense of humour. Unfortunately the shop was all out of a sense of self-preservation, which is what I'd wanted to get you. They didn't have any common decency left either. :(

      Merry Christmas.

      Delete
    3. Whoa whoa whoa, did the leader of The Alliance really just put a smiley in a post? :) Now I'm amused. ;)

      Delete